What do you envision for your dream home? Many people want a private library. Others want large lawns. Some want a private theatre. It doesn’t matter what you are looking for. It should be a top priority to ensure that everything works properly. Pre purchase building inspections are essential to ensure that any damage is addressed and other issues are resolved.
Some people may think that pre purchase building inspections are a mere formality. These inspections can be beneficial for you. Here are some examples:
- You are more aware of the risks and hazards.
Every building has some risks and hazards. You should try to minimize them. These hazards can be identified during pre-purchase inspections. You can then decide if you want to proceed with the purchase.
- These hazards are appropriately evaluated.
Many factors will impact your experience in your new home. Pre purchase building inspections can help identify fire hazards, asbestos, structural problems, and water damage. Continue with the purchase if you feel you can make this your dream home, despite all the dangers.
- This can help you avoid bad purchases.
You must still inspect the quality of the building, no matter how beautiful it looks from the outside. This is what pre purchase building inspections do and will allow you to determine if it’s worth the money.
- This increases your negotiation power.
Do you see any problems in your pre-purchase inspection that you need to fix? These problems can be used to negotiate the price of the house if you are still interested in it. This will increase your negotiation power.
- It is essential to be aware of the potential costs for repair and renovation.
You will pay more for some repairs than others. It is important to know how much you will end up spending. Pre purchase building inspections can help you budget and estimate your finances.
BUILD HORROR STORIES TO CONVINCE YOU
Are you still not convinced? You might be convinced by real-life examples. Horror stories about building problems that were not detected earlier are common.
You should be aware of fire hazards, asbestos, water damage and structural damage. The following are some of the most recent concerns:
- The 2016 Asbestos Issue – Inhaled asbestos can cause severe respiratory problems. It was found that asbestos-contaminated materials were used on dozens of Australian buildings. These materials were imported from China and claimed to be free of asbestos by the sourcing companies. When items containing asbestos are damaged, it is known that asbestos can spread throughout the air. Asbestos-containing buildings pose a serious health risk.
- Australia’s Water Damage Court Battles – Water damage can lead to serious problems and may cause the destruction of a building. All across Australia, homeowners are turning to the legal system for water damage. After heavy rain, one homeowner had to drain more than 100 litres from his apartment. To fix the leak, he had to put a dam in his living area. The developer was sued by several homeowners.
- The Westconnex Cracks – A building located above the Westconnex Tunnel in Sydney developed cracks in July 2020. Residents discovered damaged tiles and structural distortions in the building as they woke up. Residents were asked to evacuate temporarily even though there was no danger of collapse.
These are just a few of the things you need to be aware of when buying a building. These are important to ensure that you make a good investment. For pre-purchase inspections, make sure you contact an experienced company.
WHAT SHOULD YOU INSPECT?
Pre-purchase inspections go beyond checking the structure. Pre-purchase inspectors in Australia must follow specific guidelines under Australian standards. These are the top areas you should consider when conducting a pre-purchase inspection of a building.
- Interior of the building
- Exterior of the building
- Floors and sub-floor space
- Roof exteriors, roof ceilings, and roof space
- The immediate area surrounding the building, including drainage, water retention and separate structures, outhouses, fences, and other infrastructure.
You are one step closer to your dream home by doing the above. You can get help from an experienced inspector to identify the problems and make recommendations.
OTHER INSPECTIONS ARE AVAILABLE
Pre-purchase inspections can be comprehensive, but they do not cover all aspects. To get an accurate picture of your purchase, you should consider additional inspections. These inspections are useful:
- Timber pest inspections
For buildings with significant wood content, timber pest inspections are particularly important. You should inspect your building for termites and other wood-boring insects. They can cause significant damage, so don’t ignore them.
- Inspections for dilapidation
These inspections provide detailed information about building deterioration, which is essential for renovations and construction.
- Handover inspections
Inspect your newly built home for peace of mind. Ensure that your builder has carried out workmanship to an acceptable standard, and to relevant codes and Australian standards.
THE BEST CHOICE IN PRE PURCHASE BUILDING INSPECTIONS FOR BRISBANE
It shouldn’t be difficult to buy your dream home. But it won’t be perfect if it has problems. These problems can be detected before you spend your hard-earned cash. CCBI is the best choice if you live in Brisbane. We are a well-respected company that can help you find your dream home. Call us at 0409 764 069